Looking for coffee alternatives or other options to get you going in the morning, that aren’t full of caffeine? Learn how to make the popular MUD\WTR coffee alternative at home using easy to find ingredients. I’ve been drinking this every morning for months and feel fantastic!
Follow this recipe if you love the mud drink but want to try making it at home, or if you are simply looking to try a caffeine alternative that is healthier for you than coffee.
- 2 tsp. Four Sigmatic 10 Mushroom Blend
- 1/4 tsp. Blue Lotus Traditional Masala Chai
- 1/4 tsp. Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Navita’s Organic Cocoa Powder
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon to taste
Mix the ingredients into hot water, stirring well. Drink and enjoy!
Tip: I like to shake up the mushroom mixture once I receive it. Due to so many different types of mushrooms, you want to make sure you’re getting a little bit of all of them. This is one of the reasons why I like to make my own mud drink at home, so the ingredients don’t settle and I feel better about having a consistent cup everyday.
Why it’s good for you:
- Functional mushrooms – balances energy, supports immune health, improves mental and physical performance and digestive function.
- Chaga: supports energy levels, general wellness, and immune function.
- Reishi: supports sleep cycles and stress management.
- Lion’s Mane: supports focus and performance.
- Cordyceps: supports athletic performance and energy levels.
- Less caffeine – benefits could include better sleep, regulated energy levels. You’re getting a little caffeine from the chai, but at a fraction of the amount you would get with coffee. Not to mention the effects caffeine has on your brain.
- Fights inflammation – turmeric is one of the best natural foods available for fighting inflammation. Plus, turmeric promotes joint, cardiovascular and cognitive health.
- Promotes cardiovascular health – turmeric, cinnamon and cocoa all have properties that are beneficial to your cardiovascular system. Plus, cinnamon also is packed full of medicinal properties including antioxidants and promotes cardiovascular health.
- Non-addictive – let’s face it, caffeine is addictive. If I skip a day of my mud drink, I don’t feel the intense effects that I did when I used to when I went a day without coffee.
- Antioxidants – cinnamon and mushrooms full of antioxidants.
Note – if you’re a big coffee drinker and are used to the caffeine, you may experience temporary caffeine withdrawals for a few days (mainly headaches). Everyone is different, but I didn’t experience any decrease in energy after switching from coffee to my mud drink.
Of course, if you don’t want to bother with buying and measuring your ingredients, you can order the real stuff at MUD\WTR.
As an Amazon Associate, My Natural Healer earns from qualifying purchases.